Fletchers Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy. We use robust security processes, and we are transparent about how we use your information. This Privacy Notice will explain what information we collect, how and why we collect it, who we share it with, how we keep it secure, and what rights you may have regarding that information.
Please read this privacy notice together with any additional notices we may share during specific interactions with us, for example during funding applications. This privacy notice supplements and does not override these other notices.
Fletchers Foundation is the data controller of the information we collect from you regarding our activities. If you have any queries about how we use this data, get in touch using email@example.com or write to us at Fletchers Foundation, 34 Hoghton Street, Southport PR9 0PU.
If you are not satisfied with how we respond to your concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
What data do we collect?
We only ask for personal information if we need it. Examples of the types of data we may collect are:
- Identity data, including your first name and last name
- Contact data, such as your address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial data, if you apply for funding. You may see additional privacy notices during this process.
- Health and accessibility data, if you apply for funding. You may see additional privacy notices during this process.
- Equality and diversity data, if you apply for funding. You may see additional privacy notices during this process.
- Technical data, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, which are temporarily stored as part of our server logs.
- Usage data, including information about how you use our website
How do we collect data?
- Personal interactions – when you communicate directly with a Fletchers Foundation colleague over email, phone or in person, or when you fill in a form on our website.
- Funding interactions – when you apply for funding from Fletchers Foundation.
- Website interactions – we may collect your email when you subscribe to our blog or website functionality
- Technical interactions – we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment or browsing actions when you use our website. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. See below for more information on cookies.
Why do we use your data?
We may use your personal data for the following reasons:
- To answer queries or provide you with information you’ve requested, and contact you
- To manage a funding process
- To fulfil contractual and legal obligations
- To improve our services or website, for example by using cookies.
Who do we share your data with?
We will only share your information outside Fletchers Foundation if:
- If you use a third party as a guarantor for a grant application
- We decide to use another organization to carry out work on our behalf such as the supplier of equipment, etc. for a grant application. We ensure any third parties we may share your data with have at least the same privacy and security standards as ourselves and will only use your information for the specific reasons we ask them to.
- We have your permission
- We are required by law
- We need to protect the Fletchers Foundation, for example, in cases of suspected fraud or defamation
How do we keep your data secure?
We have security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Only Fletchers Foundation colleagues and contractors with a business-need-to-know will have access to your data. All such people are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
If we suspect there has been a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator where it is appropriate to do so.
How long do we keep your data?
We only store data for as long as necessary for the purpose of your interaction unless you have agreed otherwise. This may include a request to stay on our database and be contacted for future funding opportunities.
What rights do you have regarding your data?
Your personal data is protected by legal rights. You can:
- Ask for a copy of your personal data that we hold
- Ask for your personal data to be erased
- Ask that we stop processing your personal data
- If our processing of your personal data relies on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and the right to ask for your personal data to be transferred to another organisation.
The technical bits – cookies and third-party links
- remembering settings, so you do not have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it works for you.
Cookies we collect are:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary for the website to function. If they are disabled, our site won’t work.
- Performance cookies: these cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow us to remember choices you may have made on our site.
Third party links
This website may include links to third party sites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. It is your responsibility to check the other websites to find out how your information and data will be treated. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
By reading this policy notice and using our website you consent to the use, transfer and disclosure of your information and data referred to in this policy notice for the purposes set out in this policy notice.
Updates to this notice
We regularly review and, if appropriate, update this privacy notice from time to time.